CO-FOUNDED | LEADERSHIP ROLE | F2P MOBILE RTS
- In a dystopian, post-apocalyptic future, humans have all but been eradicated by a nuclear war. Now only diesel-powered automatons remain locked in eternal struggle for dominance over the planet's dwindling resources.
ABOUT THE PROJECT
This is a free-to-play, mobile strategy game with a unique story world and characters. Set in an alternate timeline, after World War II, where robots have taken over the planet and are doomed to fighting each other until none remain.
It is a colourful, diesel-punk world, governed by several robot overlords, who send out their bruizers - called BRUUTS - to do the dirty work. You play as a BRUUT, commanding an army of powerful robots to search and destroy your enemies and harvest their husks for scrap.
The production studio, Dutch5, was named in honour of the five original founding members. Among those Stijn Windig, Tomas Kok and myself as number three.
At its conception, the game was initially intended to be a real-time, 1vs1vs1, asymmetrical Hero-charged RTS. The gameplay evoked the arcadic Hero-brawling compactness of modern MOBA's, but with added base-building and resource management elements.
- Created and wrote the original story world and IP
- Scouted and established the core team: Art Director, Senior Artist and Lead Developer
- Co-Founded Dutch5 as no.3
- Lead Designer of core gameplay mechanics, levels, in-game economy and more
- Directed daily operations at the studio
- Managed the 3-head design department